Knoxville Employment Lawyer
About Knoxville Employment Law
Knoxville employment law encompasses several different areas. As an employee, you are entitled to your rights, just as in any other situation. You cannot be discriminated against due to your race, gender, or age. Also, if you are pregnant, disabled, or you’re a veteran, you can’t be mistreated in the workplace.
Another thing that many people don’t understand is that you have rights, even when you’re injured on the job. There are laws that protect you from retaliation from your employer for doing what you are supposed to do, such as reporting violations or providing an honest testimony in court.
If you are a full time employee, an employer cannot force you to work beyond the standard 40 hour work week without proper compensation, such as overtime and holiday pay. Employers are required to pay you a minimum wage, following the guidelines of state and federal employment laws. Failure to do so is a violation of the law, as well and your rights.
It can seem scary or impossible to fight discrimination or harassment in the workplace, but The Law Office of James W. Friauf is here to help you step-by-step to help make the entire process less scary. It’s important to know your rights as an employee. Below, you can find more information about the different types of employment law cases we handle, here in Knoxville TN.
- Discrimination, Harassment (Race, Color, National Origin, Gender, Religion, Pregnancy, Age, Disability, Genetics, Military/Veteran, and more)
- Retaliation, Whistleblower
- FMLA, Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Reasonable Accommodations (Disability, Religion)
- Wage & Hour (Overtime and Minimum Wage Violations, Independent Contractors)
- Workers Compensation (Injuries, Retaliation)
- Employment Contracts, Non-Compete Agreements, Interference with Business Relations
- Government Employees
- Employment Benefits
When you need a dedicated Employment lawyer in Knoxville, TN
Click the button below to be taken to a brief form. The information you provide is confidential and will not be shared with any third parties. Once we receive the form, we will be in touch as soon as possible.